Headlines News :
Home » , » Soal Soal Letter/Email

Soal Soal Letter/Email

Written By Demi Yurfina on Friday, April 22, 2016 | 8:37 AM

The following text to answer questions 1 to 3!

Jl. Merpati 56 Jakarta
January 10th, 2016

Dear Mely,
I’m sorry, I haven’t written for so long. My family and I have just returned from an interesting holiday at Lake Maninjau near Padang. The lake was a crater surrounded by dense forests and rice fileds. We swam in the lake, ate fish from the lake and enjoyed the cool breezes.
                After that, we had a two hour trip to Bukittinggi, a small hill top town which was clean, cool and friendly. Our trip around the hill took us to the coffee, clove and cinnamon plantation.the traditional Minangkabau houses, with the roof shaped like a buffalo’s horn can be seen everywhere.
                I really enjoy my vacation. Do come over and have a look sometimes

Love,
Tiara

1.       What does the text tell you about?
a.       Traditional Minangkabau houses
b.      Travelling gudance for visitors
c.       The amazing view of West Sumatera
d.      A trip throughout West Sumatera
2.        Where did the writer and his family go after visiting Lake Maninjau?
a.       Country side
b.      Bukit Tinggi
c.       West Sumatera
d.      A small hill
3.       From the text, we know that …
a.       It took 3 hours from Lake Maninjau to Bukit Tinggi
b.      The journey to Bukit Tinggi could only be done by plane
c.       Maninjau lake was situated far away from the forests and rice fields
d.      The writer and his family visited an interesting place during their holiday


 The following text to answer questions 4 to 5!

Padang, April 21, 2016

Dear Paul,
            How are you? It’s been long time since we’ve last met. Well, I just want to tell you that I have a new pocket camera. My uncle, Rudi arrived from Singapore last month and bought it for me. It is a digital camera. I am very happy.
            Because of that, I have a new hobby, photography I bring my camera everywhere and I take pictures of people or something that is interesting for me. Someday, I want to join national or even international photo contest. I’ve already had a number of photos collections by now.
Here, I give you some of my works. Give me your comment about my work. I would like to hear an honest opinion from you.
Well, I think that’s all from me, write to me soon, ok?


Regards,
Nadia  

4.      Nadia asks Paul to give comment about her pictures because…
a.       Paul is an honest friend
b.      He She just finished her works
c.       She really needs to know the quality of her works
d.      She has taken the picture from an international competition
5.      Based on the text, we can conclude that …
a.       Paul is an honest person
b.      Photography is a new hobby for Paul
c.       Nadia joined a photography contest
d.      Nadia didn’t like photography before she had the camera

The following text to answer questions 6 to 8!

From                   : Gany_Khan@yahoo.com
Subject               : sharing happiness
Dear Diana,
How are you? Hope everything went well with you there. As you know I’ve been studying in Sydney for three months, and I started to feel more accustomed to everything I face here. I know this is my best decision I ever made: I learnt a lot, met so much friendly people, and had a great time! I learned a lot especially about different cultures, ways of living and of course about myself.
If you have the opportunity to study abroad, I would highly recommend it.  If you have the opportunity, get out of your comfort zone and step into your next adventure!
Love,
Gani
  
  6. The writer has been in Australia for … months.
A.         one
B.         two
C.         three
D.        four

7.I would highly recommend it.”
What does the word “it” refer to?
A.    To make a decision.
B.     To study in Sydney.
C.     To go along with Australian.
D.    To get the opportunity.

8.The writer think that Sydney is a ....city to study
A.    crowded
B.     nice
C.     different
D.    terrible

The following text to answer questions 9 to 10!

Dear Ofa,
It’s been a while since we left elementary school that I heard about you.
Yesterday, I met your brother in my town. He said that you had an accident that causing you to lose your leg. I’m really sorry to hear that.
I know losing a leg is not an easy matter, but I hope you don’t lose your faith and dream. You can still achieve your dream as long as you believe it.
I plan to visit you soon by the end of this month. I’ll bring you something that I will cheer you up.
So, see you soon

Yours,
Caca

9.       What happened to Ofa?
a.       He lost his leg due to an accident
b.       He lost his faith and dream
c.       He can’t achieve his dream
d.       He can’t believe he lost his leg
10       According to the text, we can conclude that Caca and Ofa are ….
a. Student and teacher
b. Elementary school friends
c. Went together by and end of the month
d. Lovers

Share this article :

0 Comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. DEMI YURFINA'S BLOG - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template